Saturday, December 4, 2010

A dance/revolutionary/vengeance dream


I don't normally remember too much of my dreams, but last night was especially vivid. It seemed like a movie. A very excellently made film; the kind that has you convinced that you are watching poetry by the time the credits role. I felt that way about American Beauty (and it was given a new significance when a philosophy professor interpreted it via his own field as a commentary as the ways that human beings can choose to live our lives).

I remember scenes from the dream, so rather than a full narrative, I have what is more like a trailer for an upcoming film, and from the "trailer" I saw while I slept last night I would definitely like to see the movie. Here is the scene that I recall most clearly: There is a large room, like a banquet hall of some monarch. An aide (perhaps a bodyguard, an adviser, or some figure that would be important for the 'target') leaves the room, having been called away as a part of the plot. There is revolution in the air. Immediately after the aide leaves the plotters strike. One is a zorro-like figure, dressed in black with masked face and wielding some kind of a light, quick sword. The other figure is an unlikely accomplice, dressed more like an American soldier of the 1800s. He also had a sword, but he relied more on his pistol. With beauty of movement that rivals that of the LXD, the two plotters twirl and leap about their target, whose identity I do not know, before killing him with a two perfectly timed attacks from opposite sides. The choreography was truly breathtaking.

I have vague recollection of another scene which seemed to be in some some of a tower or dungeon prison cell which occurred before the execution of the plot, but the details are not clear enough to recall anything other than that there was a conflict there as well, also with prima ballerina beauty of movement. I do recall two other details though. First, the film was french. I don't know if the dialogue was in French (not really in French, since I wouldn't have understood it, but rather in some babble generated from my unconscious that my sleeping mind would perceive as French). Secondly, the title of the film was Taint (or more specifically, Le Taint), referring the broken trust between a ruler and the people, or perhaps to the bad blood between the plotters and their victim, since it was clear that this was a personal as well as a revolutionary act.
 
Lucid dreaming, and becoming more aware of dreams in general is something that I have been interested in for a while now, but it lies in the same category as so many other interests at this moment: I am curious or interested, but I lack the time, the commitment or the motivation to actually pursue it.

No comments:

Post a Comment